RingGo (Resident) Visitor Voucher Permits (RVPs) are issued by the Council and are a digital, paperless, alternative way to pay for parking. If you are 60 or over, you can purchase a Senior Citizen Visitor Voucher, which will allow your visitors to park at a reduced price. All parking sessions with RingGo are virtual, so there is no need to display anything in your vehicle. Once your permit application has been authorised, you can purchase visitor parking sessions with RingGo which will enable your visitors to park.
Apply for your application online following these instructions:
- Go to myRingGo and click the button for the permit type for which you wish to apply.
- If you are an existing RingGo customer, click 'Apply' and on the next screen, log in using your registered mobile (or landline) telephone number and PIN or password combination.
- If you are unsure whether you yet hold a RingGo account, enter your telephone number to the right and click 'Continue'. You will be notified if your telephone number has been registered and will be requested to recover your PIN/password.
- If you do not know your RingGo PIN or password, you can obtain a reminder. Please ensure you check your Junk/Spam mailbox for delivery for the reminder.
- If you are not yet registered with RingGo, click 'Register' and on the next screen, enter your mobile number and confirm it. (If you don't have a mobile, you can use your landline number but you must then tick the 'Use a landline number instead?' box.) You will need to complete the RingGo registration form, including selecting a security question and providing a security answer, reading the Terms and Conditions, and ticking the box to indicate you agree with them.
After registering and/or logging in, you can complete the permit application form, following these instructions:
- Enter your postcode to find the address.
- Select your address using the drop-down menu.
- Click 'Next'.
- Complete the rest of the form, note that any field marked with a red asterisk is mandatory.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, tick to agree, and click 'Next'.
- Your details will be automatically reviewed.
- If the system is able to verify your details, your permit application will be automatically authorised and you can begin purchasing permit sessions to allow your visitors to park their vehicle.
- If verification is not possible, you will be asked to provide proof of residency at your address. If you are unable to upload the documents required, you can post them in, although this will delay the authorisation process of your permit application. Once you have submitted these proofs, all applications are reviewed by Watford Borough Council. It can take up to five working days for them to accept or decline your application. During this time, your application status will show as 'Pending'. NB Applicants for Senior Citizen Visitor Voucher RVPs will also need to provide proof of age.
Once your application has been authorised, you will be notified by email of the status change of your permit application and given further information. If your application is declined, one email will be sent with the reason for your application being declined. You are only able to purchase permit sessions to allow visitors to park once the application has been authorised.